Flinders Language Enrolment
Indonesian, Italian and Modern Greek are taught by Flinders University staff, as part of an arrangement between the two universities.
You will need to enrol as a Cross-Institutional student to study these languages. Please note that if you commence the language in 2017, courses studied under this agreement will be included in your University of Adelaide GPA calculation.
How to Enrol as a Cross-Institutional Language Student
- All Students
- Flinders Language courses are not available for study aboard or exchange students.
- Plan your language courses. The University of Adelaide Course Planner can give you information about the courses as well as class times and locations.
- Please ensure you have a clash free pathway. If you think there will be a clash, contact us for advice.
- For Faculty of Arts students (i.e. any degree offered by our faculty or a Diploma in Languages), please submit an online approval request form:
- Please ensure you list clearly the courses you wish to study for the entire year, including any culture courses.
- List the program towards which the language is counting (e.g. your Bachelor's degree or a Diploma in Languages).
- You request for approval will be assessed, and you will be notified of the outcome via email.
- If you are studying a Flinders language toward a non-Faculty of Arts degree, e.g. toward your Bachelor of Science, you will need to refer to your Faculty for approval.
Please follow the correct procedure below, depending on whether you are a new or continuing language student.
- New Language Students
- Download and complete the Flinders University Enrolment Form for Cross-Institutional Study.
- Once you have received our written approval via email, send both the approval (either electronic or printed) and the Flinders Cross-Institutional Form to Flinders University:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Flinders Connect, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide SA 5001
- Flinders Enrolment Services will enrol you in the required courses and send you confirmation of your enrolment and a Flinders student ID number.
- Also included will be information on how to obtain a Flinders Authentication Name (username) and how to register for your classes on the Flinders Student Information System.
- Continuing Language Students
- Forward your emailed approval to email@example.com
- Flinders Enrolment Services will enrol you in the required courses and send you confirmation of your enrolment.
- You are then required to register for your classes on the Flinders Student Information System using your Flinders Authentication Name (FAN) to log in.
- Studying a Diploma in Languages?
The Diploma will not appear on your record in the same way as your Bachelor's degree, as you will be enrolling in your language courses through Flinders University (not via Access Adelaide). A program with no enrolments will drop off your record automatically. For this reason, you will not be admitted to the Diploma until you are ready to graduate.
Once you have completed all of the required courses and are ready to graduate, please contact the Faculty Office so that we can add the Diploma to your record.
If you have any questions relating to accessing the Flinders Student System and registering in classes, please contact Flinders Connect on 1300 354 633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.